Call for nominations for the Schwab Foundation's 2017 Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award!
The 2017 Awardees will join the Schwab Foundation’s global community of over 325 outstanding social entrepreneurs operating in 100 countries. Members of the Schwab Foundation community receive many benefits, including access to World Economic Forum events such as Davos, peer-to-peer learning opportunities and Executive Education modules at Harvard and INSEAD with fellow social entrepreneurs, media exposure, and support services from our partners. New for the 2017 award, please note that:
– A small cohort will be selected of 8 – 10 awardees globally.
– We will not accept unsolicited applications online. Only high-calibre nominated candidates will be invited to apply.
- Are running a for-profit or a non-profit social enterprise with a track record of at least 4-5 years that has already expanded to multiple cities/locations.
- Can be tackling any social or environmental issue (e.g. youth, housing, water, health care, employability, education, climate change, etc.).
- Work directly with low-income, marginalized, or under- represented populations, with a minimum of thousands or tens of thousands of beneficiaries/customers.
- Have a clear and compelling theory of change and an earned income stream.
- Ideally leverage technology solutions in their business model.
- Are not (crowd)funders, intermediaries, social enterprise incubators or accelerators, or technical assistance providers.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.For a detailed description of our selection criteria – transformative social change, direct impact, organizational sustainability, replicability and scale, and the candidate as an ambassador – please click here.
Please send your nomination to Samuel.Brown@weforum.org.Deadline to nominate a social entrepreneur is July 1, 2016.
Visit our website at http://www.schwabfound.org Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/schwabfound Visit our Blog http://www.forumblog.org/socialentrepreneurs Visit our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/schwabfound
Most of our donations have been private but the need and challenges are great and we hope that our Giving Pledge will encourage others in South Africa, Africa and other emerging economies to give and MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.